Saturday, February 12, 2011

12. BUTTERNUT SQUASH TORTELLACCI.


I won't lie. It's because I currently have a belly full of this delicious dish from Prima in South MPLS. Here's what makes this even better: I don't like squash OR pears. And I LOVED this dish; the flavor combinations were so perfect and the squash was...good enough to make me reconsider my hatred of squash.

I tried this dish because I heard nothing but rave reviews about it and against my instincts, I decided to taste it myself. Butternut, sage brown butter, almonds, caramelized pears, olive oil and a hint of cinnamon. OMG.

As I told TBB tonight at our pseudo-Valentine's Day dinner, "There are few things that make me happier than an exquisitely tasty meal." I think he appreciated the sentiment. I veered from today's blog topic because the tortellacci was that good. And now I will go appreciate a favorite wine of mine.

12. GOOD FOOD MAKES ME REAAAAAL HAPPY. ESPECIALLY GOOD FOOD I HAVE JUST DISCOVERED.

No comments:

Post a Comment