Thursday, February 10, 2011

10. BRAIDS.


I know what you're thinking: Braids are for little girls and Swiss Miss ads. But I'm a big girl and I love having pleated locks...and still need my mommy to braid my hair. Or anyone really, anyone willing and nimble of fingers. I'll blame it on my lack of hair and my mother's blessedly low-key approach to hair/makeup, but I have never successfully braided my own hair! I'll spare you the pictures, just take my word for it.

My braid memories are mostly fond ones. From the center part, Britney-schoolgirl look, to the time I let a fellow cheerleader talk me into cornrows, to the loose fishtail braids I try to master off of youtube videos...I love me some braids.

As a girl with fine hair, this is one of the few hairstyles that actually feels tight, secure and like I could shake my head up/down/all-around and have it stay! My flower-named friend recently went to a salon just to have her hair braided and I think I might be quickly doing the same! There's nothing like a well-done braid to make you feel put together, and I just don't think TBB's man hands are up to the challenge.

I love this hairstyle (and Imogen's tutorials) so much, I even considered buying some clip-in hair extensions to help me out. More word on that later; maybe it will show up as my happy-thing around day 207.

10. I LOVE A GOOD BRAID, EVEN IF IT'S NOT ON MY HEAD PER-SAY. I THINK THEY'RE FUN AND FLIRTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment