Wednesday, March 16, 2011

15. SHELAC.

It's a manicure that lasts for 14 days. Do I really need to say anything else?



Ok, fine, I will. I swear Shelac is not paying my rent or anything, but they should for the ammount of free advertising I provide them with. A co-worker of mine (and former beautician) got a "two-week manicure" for her wedding, and when she got back from her honeymoon they were still on...and beautiful!! It's not fake nails, it's literally just nail-polish. It's applied in layers and UV-light cured to make it set, and while it a but thicker than traditional nail polish, it still feels natural. I've been a devotee since she told me about them, and while I have gone to several locations and made some mistakes, it's still something I feel is worth spending money on.

I normally just get a neutral shade, but it helps my nails grow out and look oh-so-fabulouso whilst doing so. This is the first time I've enjoyed color on my nails; I used to think it was pointless to paint your fingernails since it chipped so quickly, but now I see the allure.



This is a highly suggest, if you have the cash. It runs about $30-$35 for the first time, then if you maintain a semi-regular schedule it's $25 to get them re-done. And Shelac, I accept cash or credit, thank you.

15. THIS PRETTY BEAUTY TREAT LETS ME BE MY MESSY, ACCIDENT-PRONE SELF WITHOUT WORRYING I'LL WRECK MY MANICURE AND WASTE MY MONEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment